Software's Code ProblemThe software industry can't afford exclusion, mystery, or sloppiness.
Software, teams, and other tales of digital entomology.
- Making the case for TypeScript: a letter for managers Here's a letter to share with your manager, your team, or the developer across the way at the pub.
- Cheatsheet: Analyzing Data from the UNIX Command Line Here's a scarcely-comprehensive list of tools for parsing, transforming, and formatting data from the command line.
- On Demand, but When? The long, steady march towards managed infrastructure is fantastic. Less time configuring...
- Damage Control in Distributed Systems Grid operators, systems thinkers, and grey-beard sysadmins will tell you: systems are hard.
- Some Type of City The child couldn’t sleep. Stories usually helped, though, and so the woman began. “In a faraway...
- 7 Commandments for Event-Driven Architecture Event-driven architectures help scale systems by decoupling their parts, but there are a few rules to keep in mind.
- Don’t Do Crazy: A Programming Lesson from the Shipping Industry What’s the best way to move cargo the “last mile” from a lumbering, seagoing behemoth to your door?
- A Quieter Place Just you, you and your thoughts, old friends with everything long since said.
- On a Rainy Night in Portland Two models, two forecasts, and one rainy night in Portland
- React is Changing How We Think, Again React reinvented how interfaces are built. Where does the future lead?