Software's Code ProblemThe industry's mystique is misguided.
Software, teams, and other tales of digital entomology.
- Choosing the Right Database for Your Startup A database is one of the most critical decisions a technology startup will make. Here's how to get it less wrong.
- The Psychology of Computer Programming Fifty years later, Gerald Weinberg's book remains a goldmine of insight into programmers, management, and of course the computers themselves.
- Writing Team Charters Projects start as proposals. Companies start as business plans. For teams, charters. Let’s make it a good one.
- The Year of the Tiger I don't know about you, but me? I'm ready for the New Year.
- Managing Application State with Algebraic Effects Even without explicit language support, algebraic effects are a useful conceptual tool for managing application state
- EventTarget with TypeScript Use TypeScript with the EventTarget DOM API to add type safety to event-driven user interfaces.
- A Toy Algorithm Toys beguile and entertain through their resemblance to some real thing. Yet playing with them is instructive for the truths they reveal about larger, not-toy concepts.
- Killing it: an Education You might read a book about meat because you're curious about how to prepare it, where it comes from, or whether you should be eating it at all
- Let's Talk About the Future And other polite ways to ruin Thanksgiving dinner
- Principles of High-Value Software Testing Tests secure the value that software creates. Here are practical principles for getting the most from them.
- Event Emitters in TypeScript TypeScript enables safer, more maintainable event emitters. Here's how to add type safety to the pattern you know and love.
- The Model and its Limits No matter how convenient or apparently complete, every model has its limits.