Before You Go PaperlessThe oldest productivity tool is still one of the best
- Software's Code Problem The software industry can't afford exclusion, mystery, or sloppiness.
A day in the life of a Software Developer
I recently had the chance to chat with a high school honor society about the wide and wooly...
- Happy Holidays! It’s that time of year again—time to consign 2018 to the history books and discover what...
- Notevember The sort of thing that makes it worth opening the mailbox, just to see what's inside.
- Simple Tools Does the benefit in a specialized tool outweigh the time to learn it?
- Thinking in Systems: A Primer Donella Meadows' book is a gentle introduction to recognizing and effecting change in complex systems.
- Event Handlers and Logic Don't Mix Handling events safely and applying business logic are separate concerns.
- TypeScript Event Handlers My introductory presentation on TypeScript and React spawns some interesting questions about event handling.
- Turn The Ship Around Responsibility, initiative, authority: David Marquet's book is about giving it back.
- The Honest Question That Gets More Done Ever put something off? One simple self-reflection will get it back on track.
- Why it's Worth Learning Go Four small lessons for better development in any language
- Creating a CLI with TypeScript The same statically-typed goodness for web applications is just as helpful for building command-line interfaces.